By entering the promotion, entrants will be deemed to be bound by and have accepted these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Society of London Theatre incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 527227AD and with its registered office at 32 Rose Street, London, WC2E 9ET
- 1. This promotion is open to Mastercard® cardholders aged 18 or over, excluding employees and their immediate families of the Society of London Theatre (the “Promoter”), Mastercard, their subsidiaries, other group companies, their agents, or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
- 2. The prize draw will run from 19/01/2018 to 23:59 on 11/03/2018 inclusive (“Promotional Period”).
- 3. One entry per transaction will be permitted during the Promotional Period. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details including but not limited to email accounts or names will be disqualified from this promotion. Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- 4. To enter, cardholders must opt-in to the prize draw on the booking confirmation page when purchasing a theatre ticket(s) via www.officiallondontheatre.com during the Promotional Period.
- 5. Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
- 6. Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of the Official London Theatre website. The Promoter does not therefore guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the website.
- 7. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
Prizes and Fulfilment
- 8. Entries must be received by 23:59 on 11/03/2018 (“Closing Date”) to be entered into the prize draw.
- 9. A minimum of 3 x prizes will be available during the Promotional Period:
• 1 x First Prize for two adults (aged 18 or over):
- ○ 2 x tickets to The Olivier Awards 2018 with Mastercard on 08/04/2018 at the Royal Albert Hall, London, these prime seats will be located with the nominees
- ○ Walk the red carpet and a souvenir brochure
- ○ 2 x tickets to the Post Awards Celebration
- ○ Pre-show lunch at a Michelin star restaurant chosen by the Promoter
- ○ One night accommodation at Rosewood London (double/twin occupancy) including breakfast
- ○ Return transfers from the hotel to the venue
• A minimum of 2 x Runner Up Prizes, each for two adults (aged 18 or over):
- ○ 2 x tickets to The Olivier Awards 2018 with Mastercard on 08/04/2018 at the Royal Albert Hall, London
- ○ Walk the red carpet and a souvenir brochure
- ○ 2 x tickets to the Post Awards Celebration
- 10. Transport to London is not included in the prize packages. All other costs and expenses in taking up a prize, including but not limited to, travel and spending money as required, are the winners’ own. The prizes are as stated and nothing else is included.
- 11. Winner Selection and Notification: The prize draw will take place under the supervision of an independent adjudicator who will randomly select the winners.
- 12. The winners will be notified by phone or email within 4 DAYS of the close of the Promotional Period. The winners will have 5 DAYS to accept their prize by following the instructions provided in the winning notification. Failure to do this will result in the prize being forfeit and the Promoter may at its absolute discretion award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original winner or dispose of the prize at its discretion without liability to the winner. The decision of the Promoter is final. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their phone and email connections during this time in case they are a winner.
- 13. The prizes are event and date specific and must be taken on 08/04/2018. Failure to be able to attend on this date will result in the prize being forfeited and the Promoter may at its absolute discretion dispose of the prize without liability to the winner.
- 14. There is no cash or other alternative for the prizes in whole or in part except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes with one of equal or greater value at the choosing and discretion of the Promoter.
- 15. Only one prize per person.
Other Important Information
- 16. The winners and their guests (where applicable) take part in the prizes at their own risk and to the fullest extent allowed by law; the Promoter accepts no liability with regard to such prizes whatsoever. The Promoter will have no liability in relation to the conduct of the winners or their guests (where applicable), nor in connection with any circumstances outside its control with respect to the prize once delivered to the winners.
- 17. Accommodation and all other products and services provided to the winner will be provided subject to the terms and conditions of each such provider. Neither the Promoter nor its agents will have any liability in relation thereto, and any dispute arising from accommodation or services must be taken up with such providers.
- 18. By entering the prize draw, cardholders agree to abide by the rules of the prize draw and the Official London Theatre terms and conditions at officiallondontheatre.com/terms.
- 19. Prize packages (and associated tickets) are personal to the winner(s) and the sale or offering for sale, transfer, resale, donation, or exchange of any tickets and/or part of any of the prize packages is strictly prohibited (including, without limitation, in person or online via an online auction website or online ticket resale marketplace). The Promoter reserves the right to cancel tickets and withdraw or make void any and all prize elements if this term is not complied with.
- 20. Ticket holders may be asked to present valid photo ID (passport or driving licence) and/or other forms of identification (such as a debit or credit card) upon entry to the event to ensure that the ticket holder is the same as the person named on (or allocated to) their ticket.
- 21. By using the tickets and attending the event, winners and their guests waive their moral rights and copyrights attached to their likeness (and any performance) being broadcast, printed or otherwise used (by radio, television, print, online or media) worldwide.
- 22. Winners and their guests acknowledge and agree that they are subject to the full terms and conditions of the Royal Albert Hall (Venue), which can be viewed at royalalberthall.com/extra/terms-and-conditions. The venue reserves the right to remove any person or refuse any person entry to The Olivier Awards with Mastercard regardless of whether they have a valid ticket.
- 23. The prize winners’ full names and counties are available on request by sending a letter to the Promoter, enclosing a stamped return address envelope, within three months of the Closing Date.
- 24. The winners and their guests (where applicable) agree to participate in related publicity accompanying or resulting from the promotion without further recompense. This may include but is not limited to photographs taken which may be used for publicity purposes. By entering this promotion, the winners and their guests (where applicable) grant the Promoter the absolute and irrevocable right and permission to use, publish, publicly display, perform, transmit, exhibit and reproduce their name, statements, video, voice, recordings, interviews, photographs or other visual or audible representations or likeness, in whole or in part, individually or in conjunction with other material, including without limitation, text, photographs or images in any medium (whether now known or hereafter invented) including, but not limited to the internet and other electronic and social media and for any and all purposes, publicity, promotion, packaging and trade throughout the world without restriction as to manner, frequency or duration of use or any other purpose whatsoever in connection with this promotion or in connection with the marketing of the products of the Promoter, or otherwise. The winners and their guests (where applicable) further agree that all materials produced pursuant to the rights set out above shall and will remain the property of the Promoter.
- 25. Sale, transfer or exchange of any part of the prize package is strictly prohibited. Any attempt to sell, transfer or exchange the prize will result in the prize being withdrawn by the Promoter and the prize will be declared null and void.
- 26. The Promoter will not be held responsible for the prize winners and/or their guests (where applicable) not taking advantage of their prize due to health or any other reason.
- 27. The prizes must be taken by the winners in person unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter.
- 28. If there are reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions by an entrant, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion invalidate the prize and disqualify the entrant from the promotion.
- 29. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- 30. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winners and to refuse to award the prize or withdraw prize entitlement where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- 31. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- 32. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- 33. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- 34. The prize collection will be organised directly with the winners. The Promoter will share winners’ personal data (full name, telephone number and email address) with Mastercard and its service provider Big Group for the purposes of prize fulfilment, in accordance with applicable law. For more information about how Mastercard processes personal data and how to contact Mastercard, please see Mastercard’s Global Privacy Notice at mastercard.co.uk/en-gb/about-mastercard/what-we-do/privacy.html