It’s a weird time, and we’re all having to get a little creative about how we’re socialising at the moment!
All of us here have been over the moon that people are turning to one of Britain’s favourite pastimes to entertain ourselves. While a true pub quiz isn’t possible right now, we’ve been all over video calls with intricate powerpoints, scraps of paper, and questionable charades rounds.
So if your friends are pulling together a DIY pub quiz, and you’re panicking about what to do for your round, never fear! We’ve put together a bunch of theatre-based quiz rounds ready for you to use. We’ll be popping up new rounds up each week, so keep your eyes peeled. Eventually you’ll be able to put together a full quiz of theatre questions in the blink of an eye, and all your stagey friends will just explode.
In this round, guess the London show from the badly explained plot! Hint: all of the shows were playing in London at the beginning of the spring!
- A small island has a big heart
- A reclusive composer kidnaps a young woman
- Guests get cosy in a snowed-in B&B
- A famous writer and his wife meddle in some young lovers’ story
- A pathological liar starts a new religion in Africa
- Girl invites all her mum’s exes to her wedding
- The life story of a French bread thief
- A handful of women bond over the man they all dated
- A misunderstood teenager tries to take down a fascist dictator
- Future Vice President shoots his old friend
Scroll down to find the answers, and you’ll be the star of this week’s Zoom!
- Come From Away
- The Phantom Of The Opera
- The Mousetrap
- & Juliet
- Book Of Mormon
- Mamma Mia!
- Les Misérables
How many did you get right? Stay tuned for next week’s round!