There’s nothing we love more than a screen-to-stage adaption and so this week’s theatre quiz is all about the movies that have inspired some of our fave musicals.
To make things extra tricky, you’ll have two answers to guess. Firstly, you will need to guess the movie from the title (we’ve removed the vowels) and for bonus points, guess which character said the memorable line or lyric.
As always, scroll to the bottom when you’re finished, check your answers and let us know how you did!
1. MTLD – Sit down, you squirming worm of vomit
2. LN KNG – Out of the ashes of this tragedy, we shall rise to greet the dawning of a new era
3. BTY ND TH BST – No great hunter wastes his time on rabbits
4. MMM M – Typical isn’t it? You wait 20 years for a dad and then three come along at once
5. MRY PPPNS – Everything is possible. Even the impossible
6. HRSPRY – Smile Miss Crab Meat you’re on candid camera
7. HMLTN – I am the one thing in life I can control. I am inimitable, I am an original.
8. SCHL F RCK – Just play the song Schneebly!
9. LS MSRBLS – Your tears will do you no good. I told you fetch some water from the well in the wood
10.NN – We’re having cold mush
1. Matilda, Miss Trunchball
2. Lion King, Scar
3. Beauty And The Beast, Gaston
4. Mamma Mia, Rosie
5. Mary Poppins, Mary
6. Hairspray, Edna
7. Hamilton, Aaron Burr
8. School Of Rock, Freddy
9. Les Misérables, Madame Thénardier
10. Annie, Miss Hannigan