Musical Con have announced that they will return to ExCel London for another weekend of all things stagey! After a sell-out weekend at their first ever event, the music, merch, workshops, interviews and more will be back again on October 21 & 22 2023.
We were at Musical Con’s first ever weekend, with an Official London Theatre stall selling our on-the-day discount TKTS tickets and our Olivier Awards stand giving people the chance to have their photo taken holding a real life Olivier Award!
Check out our vlog of the weekend below, jam-packed with performances, previews of brand new shows, workshops, exhibitors, fan competitions and our very own find the cosplay game!
GET THE FULL EXPERIENCE:
To see this content you’ll need to allow us to set some additional cookies!
Update your cookie preferences here and enable ‘social and advertising cookies’
Last year’s Musical Con was full of workshops, panels and performances, including spotlights on
- &Juliet ‘Making A New Musical’ with cast and creatives including Miriam Teak Lee and Tom Francis
- Back To The Future with Bob Gale, the writer of the original film and musical and cast members Roger Bart and Ben Joyce
- ‘Celebrating 50 Years of Cameron Macintosh’ with cast and creatives from Les Misérables, Hamilton, Phantom Of The Opera and Mary Poppins.
As well as backstage talks like
- a Disney puppetry demonstration and talk with Gary Jordan, Zazu from The Lion King and Mikayla Jade, Sven from Frozen
- ‘Writing a Hit Musical’ with the writer of SIX The Musical Toby Marlow.
- a whole list of talks with cast and creatives from West End shows including ‘Destigmatising Mental Health on the West End’, ‘Why Representation Matters In All Area of Theatre’, ‘The Alternate and Swing Superstars of the West End’, ‘Black Lives Matter West End’ and ‘LGBTQIA+ On The West End’.
We also got sneak peeks of new musicals that haven’t even opened yet! We got a look behind the curtains at Cinderella featuring Grace Mouat; new musical Super You featuring Vicki Manser, Renée Lamb, Tom Francis and Natalie Green.
Layton Williams said “This convention is something really special. The energy in the room was just insane. The atmosphere was unreal. It was iconic!”, Trevor Dion Nicholas said “This was a historic event. There has never been anything like it. It was a truly magical weekend!”
Announcing it’s return next year, co-producer Shanay Holmes said. “This really is for the fans! It’s the convention our community deserves, and we are delighted to be returning in 2023!”
West End Musical Productions organise Musical Con with the support of the Society of London Theatre, the charity that runs Official London Theatre!
Emma De Souza, Head of Marketing and Communications for SOLT, says: “We are delighted to support this incredible convention which we look forward to becoming a staple of the West End’s annual events calendar, celebrating our world-leading theatre industry and its devoted audience.”
So get your costumes ready, your pipes warmed up and grab your tickets here!