Following its huge success of the National Singing Competition, Jodie Steele Associates performing school is offering dancers the chance to show off their skills in the National Dance Competition 2020.
Jodie has played a number of roles including Elphaba in Wicked, Sherrie in Rock Of Ages,Heather in Heathers and is currently playing Katherine Howard in Six on the UK Tour. She is known as one of the fittest performers and with the opportunity to work alongside her, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
The winner of the competition will perform a dance solo at the Elite show currently booked for 4 October at The Other Palace in London. In addition, they will receive a ticket for 3 Jodie Steele Associate dance-based workshops with the likes of Cleve September from Hamilton along with a £50 gift vouchers from Dansez, a British designer and producer of dance clothing. Two runners up will receive a £25 gift voucher from Dansez.
If you’d like to apply, check out the information below:
How to apply
- Simply head to the website – www.jodiesteeleassociates.com
- Click the MT Star Search logo on the home page
- Fill in the form
- Add your video
- Your routine MUST be from a song from a musical
- It must be between 1 and 2 minutes
- It must be Jazz/Modern in style. No Ballet/Tap for this please. Tempo is your choice
- Please wear dancewear (leotard or bra top and tights/leggings/shorts). Any footwear is fine
- The choreography doesn’t have to be your own but please ensure you credit the choreographer
- Only one video will be accepted per applicant
Entries are now open, so go ahead and get moovin’ and groovin’!