What’s better than seeing one Theatreland legend have a frank and honest conversation about their career? Watching several of them over the course of two months of course! And that’s exactly what Sunday Encounters at the Haymarket is all about.
The Theatre Royal Haymarket’s latest season, Sunday Encounters will be a collection of unique, one-off evenings with some of the UK’s most inspirational and discerning voices from theatre, dance, comedy, politics and literature. With some of the line-up still to be announced, the stars currently due to take part in the season are:
- Dame Judi Dench interviewed by Gyles Brandreth (in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital): March 17, 3pm.
- Patti LuPone in conversation with Edward Seckerson: March 10, 7pm
- Sir Derek Jacobi interviewed by Anne Reid: April 7, 7pm
- Carlos Acosta in conversation with Mike Parkinson Jr: May 12, 7pm
- Kerry Ellis sings and is in conversation with Gaby Roslin: March 24th, 7pm
- Jason Robert Brown with special guests: March 31st, 7pm
- Dame Patricia Routledge: May 5, 2pm
- Charles Dance: March 17, 7pm
- Michael Morpurgo: May 5, 7pm
- Misha Glenny (McMafia author and journalist): May 12, 2.30pm
- Simon Schama: Wordy The Tour: June 2, 7pm
- The annual Stephen Sondheim Society Student Performer of the Year: June 9, 3pm
- Curious Arts Curate London Curious: May 19
Iconic theatre superstar Patti LuPone says: “I’m excited to launch the Fane Productions ‘Sunday Encounters at the Haymarket’ season at the stunning Theatre Royal Haymarket. To appear at a theatre with such a rich theatrical history is a very happy way to end my time in London after several wonderful months in the West End with Company.”
Gyles Brandreth and Dame Judi add: “We are excited to be part of Fane’s ground-breaking season of special Sundays at London’s most beautiful theatre and particularly happy that all the proceeds from our show are going to GOSH, the Great Ormond Street Hospital appeal because it’s such a worthwhile cause.”
Produced by Fane Productions, Sunday Encounters will take place on Sunday evenings between March-June 2019. Tickets are available now on the Theatre Royal Haymarket’s official website.