What happens if I feel ill and can’t use my ticket?
We will be ensuring that you have maximum flexibility by allowing tickets to be exchanged up to 24 hours prior to the performance – so if someone in your party feels ill, there’s no need to worry. Some venues may allow you to exchange tickets even closer to the performance time – please make sure to check with the venue you are attending.
Please do not attend the venue if you
- believe you may be infected with COVID-19;
- have experienced symptoms in the last 14 days;
- have been in close proximity to anyone who has experienced symptoms in the last 14 days;
- have arrived in England in the last 14 days and are not covered by the exemption rules relating to self-isolation; or
- have been instructed to self-isolate.
Any individual who considers themselves to be clinically extremely vulnerable or who is in the same household or support bubble as someone who considers themselves to be clinically extremely vulnerable is advised not to attend.
What should I do if I become unwell after my theatre visit?
All venues are working with the government to ‘Track And Trace’. If you display COVID-19 symptoms, you will be required to inform your point of purchase.
Thank you for playing your part, and we look forward to seeing you soon for a great night out.