There’s nothing sweeter than hearing a cast announcement for an upcoming musical. And so Sweet Charity has given us a right tasty treat by announcing the rest of the cast of the upcoming production.
Related Article: Anne-Marie Duff & Arthur Darvill to appear in Sweet Charity
It was previously announced that Anne-Marie Duff (Shameless, Nowhere Boy) will star as Charity, and Arthur Darvill (Doctor Who, Broadchurch), will be playing her romantic interest, Oscar. Joining this talented pair will be:
- Lizzy Connolly (Nickie) (Present Laughter, The Twilight Zone, Oklahoma!)
- Lauren Drew (Ensemble) (Heathers, Kinky Boots, Ghost)
- Jo Eaton-Kent (Ensemble) (Mermaids, Roll Over Beethoven, Three Minute Heroes)
- Will Haswell (Ensemble) (The Book of Mormon, Our House, Jersey Boys)
- Charlotte Jaconelli (Ensemble) (Heathers, She Loves Me)
- Stephen Kennedy (Herman) (The Vote, La Traviata, Hamlet)
- Debbie Kurup (Helene) (Girl from the North Country, The Threepenny Opera, The Bodyguard)
- Martin Marquez (Vittorio Vidal) (Much Ado About Nothing, The House, Anything Goes)
- Ryan Reid (Ensemble) (Dreamgirls, In The Heights, Shrek)
- Amy Ellen Richardson (Ursula March) (Follies, Merrily We Roll Along, Les Misérables)
- Danielle Steers (Carmen) (Bat Out Of Hell, Beautiful: The Carole King Musical, The Bodyguard)
- Shaq Taylor (Ensemble) (Hadestown, Sweet Charity and Les Misérables
The story centres on Charity Hope Valentine, a dance hall hostess who’s struggling to find the love of her life in 1960s New York. But when she meets Oscar, a mild-mannered tax accountant, Charity starts to have faith in true love once again.
Sweet Charity will be directed Josie Rourke, who’s also the Donmar Warehouse’s Artistic Director, and it will be her final production at this venue. As part of her final farewell, she’s teaming up with world-renowned choreographer Wayne McGregor, who previously worked on Josie’s debut film, Mary Queen of Scots.
Since it’s Josie’s final show, all tickets for Friday performances from 26 April will be free to audience members who are under the age of 25 through the Sweet Fridays campaign. These tickets will be disrupted in a ballot system.
Sweet Charity will run at the Donmar Warehouse between 6 April – 8 June. Public sale tickets and ballot tickets go on sale on Thursday 21 February 2019.