The Phantom Of The Opera has mesmerised audiences for 30 years. We rummaged through the archives to see the incredible journey the show has been on. Here’s what we found:
1. The programme for the 1985 Sydmonton Festival, where Phantom received its debut
2. The billing page for the 1985 Sydmonton Festival programme
3. The 25th anniversary production at The Royal Albert Hall
4. Sarah Brightman as Christine Daaé. Photo: Michael Le Poer Trench
5. Liam Tamne, Geronimo Rauch and Harriet Jones celebrate Phantom’s 12000th performance. Photo: Dan Wooller
6. Cameron Mackintosh & Andrew Lloyd Webber celebrate Phantom’s 10th anniversary in 1996. Photo: Alan Davidson
7. The Phantom’s 25th anniversary performance party at London’s Natural History Museum.
8. Her Majesty’s theatre in 1987
9. Leaflet announcing the opening of the show at Her Majesty’s Theatre in May 1986
10. The cover of the 25th anniversary souvenir brochure
Andrew Lloyd Webber’s mesmerising score along with jaw-dropping scenery and breathtaking special effects, magically combine to bring this tragic love story to life each night. Take advantage of our exclusive No Booking Fee offer, and experience the iconic musical yourself.